Ghitu IEEN Administration
Development of microsatelite scanning system of the terrestrial surface
|Title:||Development of microsatelite scanning system of the terrestrial surface|
|Programme:||Exploitation of renewable energy resources in conditions of the Republic of Moldova and development of Moldavian Microsatellite|
|Institutions:||Ghitu Institute of Electronic Engineering and Nanotechnologies, ASM|
|Project Leader:||Kantser Valeriu, academician of ASM, dr. hab., prof.|
|Participants:||Laboratory of Solid State Structures, Laboratory of Electronics of Low Dimensional Structures, „Comelpro” SRL|
|Keywords:||Scanner, microsatellite, space, resolution
The proposed project is a part of the State Program "Development of Moldovan Satellite", which includes the development of a space unit that falls into the class of low-earth orbit (the orbit altitude is 500-600 km) microsatellites (with a weight up to 50 kg). The ogoing program is in line with the priorities of the country focused on solving some urgent problems related to: electronic information processing for land-use neeeds; monitoring/forecasting landslides; monitoring/forecasting hail cloud formation and migration; monitoring plantations and agricultural lands; environmental monitoring: woodlands and evolution aquatic resources in rivers and lakes; providing various hydrological services; obtaining camera information for other purposes, etc.
In terms of structure, the program consists of two components: cosmic and terrestrial. The cosmic component comprises a microsatellite. The terrestrial component covers a ground-based facility to operate the microsatellite; a center for receiving and processing data from the satellite.
The proposed project provides for the development of one of the microsatellite components, i.e., a system for scanning the earth surface.
Technical characteristics of the scanning system:
- Working orbit range: 500-600 km;
- Satellite velocity: 7054, 6903, 6757 м/s
- Detection bandwidth (700 km): 220 km;
- Lens Focal Length: F = 200 mm;
- Diaphragm, F no worse than F/D = 5.6;
- Projection of a point on Earth (700 km): 25 m
- Number of elements in the detection zone (a KLi-8811 photodetector): 8800;
- Spectral range: 450-950 nm
- Number of spectral channels: 4;
- Spectral range of channels. [B: 450 - 520], [G: 540 - 590], [R: 630 - 680], [NIR: 750 - 950] nm
- BC working angles (SNR. 30): 15°-90 °;
- maximum resolution of radiation: 0.3%;
- 12-bit digital signal;
- LVDS target-data output interface: standard ANSI/TIA/EIA-644;
- Maximum flow rate: 64 Mb/s;
- Aspect ratio of digital media: 1.0 < K < 1.2, lossless compression;
- Interface control: RS-485;
- Energy consumption: no more than 7 W.